ASPSN Strategic Plan
Approved May 2015
Goal Areas and Objectives
Education: Enhance member value and increase opportunities to advance our nursing practice.
Member Engagement: Create and promote awareness of opportunities for member participation.
Financial Stability:Increase and maintain reserves by broadening our revenue sources.
Collaboration: Build, identify and strengthen relationships with all stakeholders.
GOAL AREA I: EDUCATION
Enhance member value and increase opportunities to advance our nursing practice.
- Continuing Education
- Create the plan that will expand continuing education opportunities on the web site, expand and upgrade the aesthetic symposium and offer additional CEUíS for the membership.
- Identify a plan that will increase the speaker pool from the local area for our Annual Meeting.
- Identify a plan that expands the composition of the Committee including increasing diversity and specialty needs for the Committee.
- Community Awareness
- Create the plan that will upgrade and expand the uses of social media, increase the visibility of the Society with the media via press releases and an effective public relations plan.
- Working with the PSNCB develop the plan and means that will increase member certification and outlines the importance of certified nurses.
Goal Area II: Member Engagement
Create and promote awareness of opportunities for enhanced member participation.
- Create a report that will outline the directions of Chapters, their importance and relevance to the ASPSN future including answering the question - should they be continued?
- Prepare a report for the Board that will identify opportunities to increase voluntarism with new members and current members through continuous requests for participation on committees, task forces and sub committees and outline a plan that will maintain and update current records of committee participation.
- Develop a report that outlines ideas about membership incentives for future and current members and how it will increase membership, target specific candidates and implementation strategies.
- Develop a survey for all members that will address needs, current and future as well options for ongoing assessments of member needs.
- Develop a plan that will give the Society data regarding member departures from the Society.
- Identify a plan that will enhance leadership development within the Society - including means, requirements and utilization.
Goal Area III: Financial Stability
Increase and maintain reserves by broadening our Society revenue sources.
- Annually prepare a budget that proposes excess revenue over expenses or at worse is budget neutral.
- Prepare a plan with strategies, contact specifics, timelines and components of a grant program with industry.
Goal Area IV: Collaboration
Build, identify and strengthen relationships with all stakeholders.
- Create a master plan that outlines targeted organizations to work with on important ASPSN initiatives and programs and includes reasons for the relationship, areas for collaboration, strategies to pursue and how this would impact collaboration/partnership guidelines of the ASPSN both with other associations, industry and other agencies.